Let’s start this post with my favorite champagne quote, “Champagne! In victory one deserves it, in defeat one needs it.” -Napoleon Bonaparte
Ok lets dive into the facts.
- Champagne was created on accident by a monk in the 17th century named Dom Pierre Perignon. You can still buy this brand of champagne today and it is seen as some of the best in the world.
- Champagne is the same as sparkling wine, but to be called champagne the grapes must be grown in the champagne region of France. Although many other countries give champagne a run for it’s money in terms of taste and quality because of this rule, they are often much cheaper.
- Champagne has been known to help prevent memory loss (at least long term, because if you have ever drank too much, then you know short term memory loss can ensue)
- Marilyn Monroe once took a bath in champagne and it is reported that it took around 350 bottles.
- If you are a tennis fan, then you will enjoy the fact that over 28,000 bottles are served each year at Wimbledon
- Afraid of spiders? You are more likely to be killed by a flying champagne cork than by a poisonous spider.
- Have you always wanted to build one of those iconic champagne towers? Here is how many glasses you’ll need: Base level–60, 1st level–30, 2nd level–10, 3rd level–4, top with 1 glass.
- Vintage champagne has nothing to do with the age of the bottle. Vintage just means that all the grapes used to make that particular bottle came from the same year.
Ambassador Travel Ltd. | 920.236.7777 | ambassadortravelltd.com